If I told you in 2004, that the kid who released The College Dropout is an icon as well as an iconoclastic influence- and single-handedly evolved the rap game, would you believe me?
Even if you didn’t, you can’t deny the fact that Kanye West is a legend in his own right. And I didn’t want to do him the disservice of ranking his songs on an arbitrary scale, but, I did want to feature him on the blog out of respect. Without further adieu, here are some of Kanye’s sharpest lyrics.
1) Heard Yeezy was racist, I guess that has some basis. I only like green faces.
Song: Who Gon’ Stop Me
2) Drug dealer buy Jordan, crackhead buy crack/ And the white man get paid off of all of that
Song: All Falls Down
3) Your girlfriend and she say I got great sex, safe sex is great sex,better wear a latex/ Cuz you don’t want that late text that “I think I’m late”
4) Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
5) Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it/ I guess every superhero need his theme music.
6) She asked me what I wished for on my wishlist/ Have you ever asked your bitch for other bitches?
Song: Bound 2
7) My friend showed me pictures of his kids/ And all I could show him was pictures of my cribs
Song: Welcome to Heartbreak
8) I’m living in the future so the present is my past/ My presence is a present kiss my ass