Among all the mumble rap and the rappers whose names start with ‘Lil’ we often forget the craftsmanship behind a proper rap song. Pentameters, rhymes and rhyming schemes, triplet flows and more. The beat is the canvas and the artist is the painter.
Here are a collection of some of the cleverest lyrics I’ve heard over the years. Hope you enjoy.
1) Real G’s move in silence like lasagna
Song: 6 Foot 7 Foot
2) So why would i buy you a gay ass teddy bear, bitch, you’re already bi-polar
Song: All She Wrote
3) How many times I gotta tell y’all I’m second to none.
No magazine’s top ten cause I’m negative one.”
4) Picture a perfect picture, picture me in the pimp hat
Picture me starting shit, picture me busting my gat,
Picture police mad they ain’t gotta picture of that,
Picture me being broke, picture me smoking a sack,
Picture me coming up, picture me rich from rap,
Picture me blowing up, now picture me going back,
To my momma basement to live, shit, picture that,
Song: Places to go
5) I got techniques drippin out my buttcheeks/ Sleep on my stomach so I don’t fuck up my sheets.
Song: Ready to Die
6) I wasn’t ‘poor’, I was po’, I couldn’t afford the ‘o-r’
Song: Lifestylez Ov da Poor and Dangerous
7) I got some pussy that was insane, so insane, it’s an enemy of Batman
Song: Freaks and Geeks
8) I don’t buy these broads Nike, but I keep these girls in check
Song: Bounce It